Thursday, March 13, 2014

March 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag Review


  Glam bag time!!!

As I have said before since I moved to another state and they switched to DHL shipping my ipsy bag is coming at the end of the month but not this month! This lovely bag came yesterday... it was suppose to come the day before but that was my mail man's fault for not dropping it off. So yeah, yay it came before the 20th!
I have to talk about the bag. This month they had a local San Fran artist design the bag, I love that Ipsy did this. I grew up just around the corner from the art district (East Village) in Long Beach and have worked at 2 art museums and 3 galleries, been to many art walks and have worked at many as well so I am a huge fan of supporting the arts and local artists. I love that the bag is inspired by the neighborhoods of San Francisco but I don't care too much for the pattern... to each their own. I nearly lived there (traveled for work) from when I was 19-23 and this doesn't scream San Fran to me, looks like playing blocks. I don't hate it, I don't love it but I do love how it came to be and I hope to see more bags like this.

 Here is what came in my bag,
I'll start with the beautiful polish "On What Grounds" by Nicole by OPI. I of course was hoping for the polish to be in my bag although I am not a fan of textured polish, it reminds me of files and I despise files... I can not help but love this polish though. It in every way compliments my skin tone and the texture doesn't bother me as much as some others I've tried. I have a base polish and 2 coats of "On What Grounds" with no top coat.
*I will update this post in a few days with how well and long this manicure last since I am using no top coat.

 I used the Bora Bora quad by Be A Bombshell on my eyes. I saw a picture on the Makeup Talk forums with blue under the waterline so I kinda tried to do the same thing. I like Be A Bombshell but I am tired of seeing it in the Ipsy bags, I seem to get it every time. I don't mind getting their blush but blah at the eyeshadow. I also used "teal shimmer" liner by Julep, the Pixi primer from this month's bag and "They're Real" mascara by Benefit.

 Marvelous Moxie by bareMinerals is the last goodie I got. I thought it was going to be a full size product since there was only 4 items this month but 3 full and 1 deluxe sample isn't bad. I like this color and more importantly I like it on me. It is smooth and buttery and pretty good staying power. I think this is a perfect color for spring, very happy I got to try it. 

Overall I am happy, I love 3 out of 4 of the products and will be giving the eyeshadow to my kid sister so it will also get some love.

How did you like your bag this month?

If you are not already sign up join me on ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! You get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10. Michelle Phan curates the bags! 
Also, check out my Stylist Profile here!
Follow this blog with bloglovin' and keep an eye out for my next months sneak peeks and spoilers and my monthly review of the bag!
Follow on Bloglovin