Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Julep Maven February 2014 Box Review!

  It is Julep time and I the Modern Beauty box. I am a Classic with a Twist... don't tell Classic on me.

What came in this box-
Eye Sheen: Warm fig shimmer (was customizable)
Ink Gel Eyeliner: Long-wear, smudge-proof formula with a jet-black finish
Angled Liner Brush: Firm, slanted bristles for precise application
LoveJane’s gift- Gold, pearl & fuchsia microglitter
 Box right after opening... sadly no candy for Valentine's day :(
 First look at Warm Fig, wasn't sure what to make of it. I have been using Color Tattoo Metal by Maybelline and due to the pictures Julep posted was thinking the texture would be slightly more similar.
 First look at the gel liner, pretty much what I thought it would look like though I thought maybe there was sparkles in it... turns out it was just a ton of air bubbles.
 As the box suggested, I used my finger to apply it to my lid after applying Zero by Urban Decay on my outer lid and crease. I didn't want to use one of my brushes until I saw how it washed off but using my finger wasn't cutting it so I switched to a cheap little sponge brush.
 It was much better and I was pleased with the outcome thought I did find it does not blend well with Zero. Overall I liked the color and more or less how it looked on my eyes but it was a little heavy on my eyes, I could differently feel it on.
 I don't know it it was the Julep brush, liner or simply practice makes perfect but I have never been able to do such a nice cat eye. I am going to put my money on the brush and practice though. I had to double up on it with the eye sheen but I did use it with with some other powdered shadow and it showed just fine with less used. Both stayed pretty well and the eye sheen washed off with no troubles at all just using water. I did use the Julep oil face wash as I always do when removing my mascara and it washed off what was left of the liner the water missed.
Love, love, love... while I don't love Love I do like it. It is a perfect gold glitter polish to match red for Valentine's day as an accent nail.
 Overall I am pleased with the box, the best product for me this month is the liner brush, I really like it. I don't think I have a loser of the bunch this month, the products including the polish are good or just alright but I am happy I got them.
If you too are a maven what did you get?
What did you like the best and how did you feel about the shadows?
Follow this blog with bloglovin'!
Follow on Bloglovin