Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag Review!

 My Ipsy bag has come, here is all that I got!
 Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow was the product that I was most excited for after seeing my glam room. I received the color "Penny" and am not mad at that, I like golds and coppers on my eyes.
 It was pretty good quality and I love the color. It is also a pretty good sample size, it can be sharpened so more than one or two uses.
 It claims to be smudge and waterproof and I found that to be true, it did not smudge or crease all day even with me going to Sedona AZ and hiking up Cathedral Rock.
 Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask was a sample size but with a couple uses. I am a huge fan of deep conditioners and use them weekly already. 
 Although I did like this and it left my hair soft and silky it did the job about the same (slightly nicer) as my usual by John Frieda which is about $16 less then this conditioner so I will not be switching it with anything I already use. 
 MicaBeauty Tinted Lip Balm. I am never excited to see MicaBeauty but usually end up liking their products from my Ipsy bags. I received the nude tone Natural, I am not a fan of nude lips on myself though so I already disliked it. I am also not a fan of the little jars, I have longer nails and trying to rub my finger in to get it bothers me as well as what could be getting on the balm from my fingers.
  Once on though I did not mind the color, actually kind of liked it but it was so dry and added no moisture to my lips. It had that dryness that Halloween makeup sometimes has.
Nourish Organic Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion is another sample size from this bag. It is very light wait and did a great job on my face. The scent was not bad but wasn't lovely either.
Absolute!  Makeup Cleansing Tissue. The last product and another sample from my bag. I love makeup wipes, I am the worst at washing my face off at the end of the day so I always have wipes on hand. I really wanted to like these but they kind of stink... a lot. They are a cucumber scent and when you first smell it you do get that smell but seconds after that passes and you are left with gross. They worked well for removing my makeup though and did not dry or irritate my skin.
 The over all look with the pencil, face lotion and lip balm on.
Overall I was not too excited about the products in the bag, there was only one full size product (lip balm) which is the least number of full size products I have gotten in all of my bags so far. The winner of the bag for me is either the conditioner or the pencil, although I do not plan on buying more of either they both worked well and I liked both. The loser of the bunch has to be the balm personally for me due to the type of container and how it actually dried out my lip. Not personally I think the wipes will be a bigger disappointment to most due to the smell.

How did you like your bag this month? 

If you are not already sign up join me on ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! You get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10. Michelle Phan curates the bags! 
Also, check out my Stylist Profile here!
 
Follow this blog with bloglovin' and keep an eye out for my next months sneak peeks and spoilers and my monthly review of the bag!
Follow on Bloglovin