Friday, December 13, 2013

Inspired by Nails with Tutorial- Cookies for Santa


 A few ladies and I have a weekly challenge on facebook for nail art, this week's challenge is holiday cookies so I went with chocolate chip cookies for Santa. I also am obsessed with my Santa beard wrapping paper  so I added that to the mix :)

 What I used-
 Rose Garden Romance by Pomegranate- Red polish
Blanc by Essie- White polish
Holiday Rebel by Sinful Colors- Holiday glitter
Sophie by Julep- Light brown
Riff-Raff by Jesse's Girl- Dark brown
Start by painting your ring finger and thumb white and index, middle and pinky red.

Apply your holiday glitter over all nails but the middle finger.
With a nail art brush or polish draw the white mustache part of the beard on the middle finger.
Draw a line with the same brush and white polish for the mouth slit of Santa's beard.
I drew an outline to help me with the beard.

Fill in the outline and add a red crystal for the nose.

Apply a topcoat over the middle nail to make sure his nose doesn't run away.
You can stop at this step but if you want cookies please move right along.

Take a brown polish and using a dotting tool or the end of your polish brush make a few circles for the cookie base on the index and pinky fingers.
Then with a dotting tool or toothpick make a few dots with a darker brown polish for your chocolate chips.

Done and done!

http://instagram.com/p/iRUR7SiMIb/


Give it a try and post it on facebook and instagram using #LanieBuck & @LanieBuck
Happy holidays!
Follow this blog with bloglovin'!
Follow on Bloglovin