DIY Beauty- How to Properly Apply Mascara

Here are 4 steps to help pimp out your lashes! 

Step 1: Shoot warm air from your blow dryer on the lash curler for 3-5 seconds to warm it up before curling your lashes. I usually cup my curler in my hand and breath warm air on it for a few seconds... because I am too lazy to deal my my blow dryer.
*You can skip this step or have it be the last thing you do. If you curl after you apply your mascara make sure you wait for it to dry completely or you will just clump your mascara together. 
 
Step 2: Wiggle the wand left to right at the base of lashes. It's the mascara placed near the roots (not the tips) that gives the illusion of length.
 
Step 3: Pull the wand up and through lashes, wiggling as you go. The wiggling part is key because it separates lashes.
 
 Step 4: Close the eye and place the mascara wand on top of lashes at the base and pull through to remove any clumps or you can do as I do and use a lash/brow brush.

Now picking your perfect mascara is another story. 
I have recently bought a few higher quality (and price) mascara and my wallet is happy to say that none beat my favorite, Volum' Express the Mega Plush Mascara. I have pretty long and full lashes so when I shop for mascara I look more at the wands, I am more into the application of then the formula. A wand that bends is one thing I look for, I tend to go fast when applying so having one that bends on it's own helps me from being messy. Fat brushes (like my favorite) create voluptuous lashes, while skinny brushes will coat each lash perfectly without clumping or adding much oomph. Curved wands will help curl lashes.  Finding the perfect mascara for me took years, I just had to use all I could find and weed out what I liked and didn't. The only tip I have on finding the best mascara for you is to just start searching. Start your search with what you feel your lashes need and just go nuts! You can try to find a beauty blogger or youtuber that have lashes like yours and see what they use to get a few suggestions too. 


What is your favorite mascara or application trick/tip? 

Follow this blog with bloglovin'

 Follow on Bloglovin