Monday, July 22, 2013

Inspired by Nails with Tutorial- Brush Strokes


This is my current favorite easy nail design. I bought the "Rock Candy Nail Glaze" from the online Julep warehouse sale last month that was for a time exclusive to Sephora. They are they are pretty much jelly polish and since I have not really been a fan of jelly I wasn't in a hurry to buy but when I saw the set for only $8 in the sale I couldn't pass it up. Turns out this jelly stuff is pretty bangin.
Anyway! These nails are inspired by the lovely bottom left picture of fish shadow sculpture. The "glaze" worked perfectly blend but not cover. 
 Here is what I used.
Base coat.
3 creme color polished light to dark.
Jelly polish.
Top coat, matte or glossy.
 Apply you base coat to you nails.
 Apply one coating of you jelly/glaze polish.
 You want an almost dry brush so you can see the brush strokes.
Start. with your brightest or darkest polish apply at the edges bring the almost dry brush to the center on both sides. It will give it a nice texture look.
 Apply the second brightest or darkest polish to the middle of your nail the same way. Over lap to make the color pop but not too much to cover the first color.
 Apply your lightest color same as you did before.
 Apply a coat of your jelly or glaze polish. The glaze polish acts like a top coat but I added one anyway.
 Done and done!
You can also try it with a matte top coat.

Give it a try and post it on facebook and instagram using #LanieBuck
I'd love to see how it turns out if you give it a try!
Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed :)